VR UX Engineer, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an engineer working within the Social VR Team at Facebook, you'll be driving efforts to create and explore interactive virtual reality experiences that provide delightful, social play, and creativity experiences. These experiences will in part explore and define the future of online social interaction. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games, VR or other 3D interactive industry background and experience around virtual reality and rapid iterative exploratory development.
- Driving design and implementation of 3D interaction systems
- Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to assess and meet needs
- Creating systems that are easily extensible, cross-platform, and performant
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in developing interactions or interfaces in 3D applications
- Experience in 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their feedback and vice versa
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Gear VR, etc.)
- C++ and C# programming experience
- Some combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming experience
- Unity 3D experience
- Experience in UX design or game design
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top