VR Systems - Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and software to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. The VR Product Runtime team creates the platform software that powers rich, interactive, and collaborative 3D product experiences across our entire product line. As a Software Engineer on the VR Product Runtime Team you will design and implement the runtime systems that power 3D product experiences across all Oculus products. The ideal candidate has broad experience with game engine runtime systems and has worked on at least one desktop and at least one mobile platform.
- Design and implement features in the 3D runtime engine that power experiences across the Oculus product lines.
- Extend this engine and support it in shipping products.
- Work closely with other teams who are building experiences using this engine.
- Investigate, understand, and improve software performance.
- Work on Windows and Android platforms.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Document and support engine systems and features.
- Partner closely with the design team to help define and implement their vision.
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ programming, including some experience with low-level systems work.
- 2+ years of work experience developing and launching software products on at least one PC, console, or mobile platform.
- Experience with 3D graphics and/or game engine architecture (Unreal, Unity, or others) and/or web browser development
- Experience with Android or other Client-side development platform
- Knowledge of or strong interest in Virtual Reality applications
Back to top