Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Visiting Scientist to join our Infrastructure Software Systems Team. Term considered on a case by case basis.
- Contribute research that can be applied to improve Facebook infrastructureâ€™s reliability, scalability, and efficiency. Leverage domain expertise in Systems Engineering.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in Computer Science
- Faculty member with an established research track record and publications in industry conferences/journals.
- Industry leader in Systems Engineering having served on program committees and research grants
- Experience in analyzing, designing and building backend systems
- Ability to communicate research
- Experience in programming languages including C/C++, Java or Python
Back to top