Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Visiting Scientist to join our Feed and Stories Integrity Discovery team. Individuals in this role are expected to have extensive experience with Data and Social Network Mining, Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval (ranking). The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in Data Science/Data Mining discovery and Social Network behavior analysis. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Design and implement data mining algorithms to detect abusive activity in Social Networks
- Design and implement general algorithms to detect negative experiences
- Implement machine learning models to predict negative experiences from implicit and explicit user signals
- Design, implement, simulate and evaluate experiments in Social Network ranking
- Document findings with scientific publication/patent quality, and potentially submit to top-tier Data Mining, Machine Learning or Information Retrieval related conference
- Masters in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical fields
- Experience with mobile robotic platforms
- Knowledge in a programming language
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical fields
- Experience in Data and Social Network Mining, Machine Learning and Information Retrieval
- Experience with Big Data platforms and algorithms
- Experience in developing and debugging in Python
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top