VIP Operations Technician
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The VIP Operations Technician is the primary point of contact for delivering IT service and support of Executive computer platforms (laptops & mobile devices), desktop productivity tools, and collaboration tools. The position drives technical delivery of Executive personal technology & IT service support including Events, AV/VC meetings, and technical support for named Executives globally 24×7. Often required to influence and collaborate with other technical teams in the pursuit of resolving complex technical issues.
- Works across teams to align the priorities of Executive requests (and projects).
- Able to create and execute detailed plans around executive-level projects resulting in highly effective and efficient delivery of technical solutions.
- Setup and support mobile devices including both Android and iPhone.
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms.
- Assist with internal process improvements.
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issues quickly when appropriate.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support in an on-call rotation.
- Facilitates support for Events, Home Networks, and AV/VC meetings.
- Connects and facilitates Executive requests to Event Support.
- Travel internationally to provide Executive support on occasion.
- Acts as the primary liaison between Executive members and IT Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in expectation management
- 2+ years experience in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS flavors.
- 1+ years experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, EMC (Exchange Management Console), Outlook Web Access and Office 365.
- 1+ years experience with client-side troubleshooting of network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication)
- 1+ years experience with host-based and network-based security practices.
- 2+ years of Helpdesk or other client facing technology position(s).
- 2+ years working with Executive and Director level employees.
- Ability to work without daily guidance.
- Ability to work with production systems.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top