Video Infrastructure Operations Regional Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Video Infrastructure Operations (VIO) Regional Engineer is the number one point of contact for AV-VC matters, and the most visible support figure in the office.
The VIO Regional Engineer acts as SME for all audio visual inquiries and will often be called upon to manage projects regarding AV/VC installs, upgrades and retrofits, as well as monitor alerting and monitor videoconference infrastructure. This person works with numerous adjacent teams and with the VIO deployment team's to ensure utmost efficiency, professionalism, and quality in the output of any and all Audio Visual and Videoconferencing services provided for the client. This is a permanent, full-time role based in our London office.
- Uses the trouble-ticket system to manage, track, and resolve assigned trouble tickets. Follows SLA guidelines on response promptness to all tasks
- Monitors and responds to videoconference alerting to address issues in remote offices and indicate occurrence of larger fleet wide issues
- Ensures all Cisco, Crestron, ClearOne, devices are within proper IP scope.
- Provides oversight of onsite teams and ultimately takes responsibility for quality and consistency of video conferencing service in region
- Provides support to lower level AV/VC and IT Technicians in the field as a tier 3 escalation point for all issues occurring with the service
- Trace call issues through Cisco infrastructure and troubleshoot issues with call quality, call failure and work issue in real time to mitigation of solution, ultimately ending with RCA of issue
- Interface with and support C-level executives with any and all issues around call quality and when necessary provide white-glove support
- Troubleshoot any and all AV/VC systems (i.e. offline VC systems, Blue Jeans, etc.) as needed to satisfy the end user's needs, and escalate if necessary.
- Ability to manage audio visual projects of varying size and complexity, ability to read and understand project construction documents and keys
- Supervises contractors and vendors working on the AV-VC systems, supervising and signing off on break fix repair, upgrade, or new build installation
- Acts as de-facto deployment engineer, operates as subject matter expert for all audio visual requests and issues
- Troubleshoots, replaces, and installs large displays, VC codecs, as well as any other equipment (cables, encoders etc), as needed to guarantee minimal downtime of an onsite VC resource
- Assigns IP's to new equipment including whitelisting to proper VLAN and DHCP reserving all addresses once device is online.
- Provisions new VC endpoints, and maintains endpoints through TMS, ensures maximum uptime through monitoring of alerting dashboard
- Communicates with the onsite teams for all High-Pri calls to adequately test and prepare physical space as well ensure quality of multipoint call
- Takes on tasks for special projects or assignments when requested by clients and executes them within the given timelines.
- Maintains proficiency in videoconferencing and collaborative technology as well as professional office skills both of a technical and non-technical nature.
- Provide white glove executive home support
- 5 + years experience supporting Video Conferencing and Audio Conferencing, Audio Mixing and Room Audio Tuning
- Experience with Echo Canceling, Video and Graphics Technologies,including projection, switching and formatting, Video Recording and Camera Operation, Video Streaming.
- Two+ years experience with Web-Cast and Collaborative tools such as BlueJeans, Zoom, and Web RTC products
- Five+ years experience troubleshooting for Mac, Linux, Windows, as related to Video Conferencing.
- Two+ years experience with any and all Cisco teleconferencing hardware, WebEx, H.323 protocols, SIP, Multipoint Control Units
- 2+ years experience maintaining and trobleshooting Cisco teleconferencing infrastructure hardware, Cisco VCS/VCS-E, CUCM as well as server maintenance and VM-Ware
- Experience working with spreadsheets, documents, and presentations tools to create and maintain technical and functional documentation. Experience working with changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes.
- Experience work closely and communicating with the user community, interpret issues, understand requirements, and rapidly deploy solutions.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including functional leads
- 2+ years experience executive high touch support
- Knowledge of backend video technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top