Video Infrastructure Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Video Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for managing and scaling a global video server infrastructure which is expanding at a rapid rate. As our Facebook video infrastructure expands in both size and complexity, this position will focus on continually improving the interoperability/reliability of the Voice/Video infrastructure with the associated platform that it relies upon. The candidate should have a strong server infrastructure background with experience working in a large Video conferencing network. This position will actively participate in scheduled maintenance activities to ensure systems and infrastructure reliability, utilizing best practices and other methodologies to improve work process performance and results.
- Support daily operations of global Video Conferencing environment by applying infrastructure and scripting experience to a rapidly expanding voice, video and management network.
- Work with a team of operational engineers to improve and document operational efficiency of the Voice/Video infrastructure and associated systems.
- Provide expert insight on VC Infrastructure optimization and drive for scalable efficiencies across the environment.
- Work closely with Enterprise Engineering team to improve overall system design and operations as it pertains to Voice/Video implementations globally.
- Develop tooling to increase operational efficiency of the Voice/Video environment.
- Serve as a point of escalation for codec, infrastructure and Voice/Video related incidents.
- Work closely with partnering teams and external vendors to drive for improvements and resolutions to issues as they pertain to the Voice/Video environment.
- Provide on call support one week per month as an escalation point for Voice/Video infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Make strong, data driven decisions, to have a positive impact on the Facebook internal collaboration stack.
- 3+ years Linux and Windows Server administration experience.
- 3+ years experience with VM/vSphere.
- 2+ years experience with scripting or coding (Python, PHP, BASH, PowerShell, etc.).
- 1+ years of Cisco/Polycom VC Infrastructure experience.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge of H.323 and SIP protocols.
- Experience with WebRTC and cloud bridging technologies.
- Experience with CHEF/Chocolatey/Munki or other configuration management systems.
- Experience with Alerting systems such as Icinga/Nagios.
- Experience with Cisco networking hardware/software (Routing/switching/IOS).
- Experience with CUCM or other Voice Infrastructure.
- BS/BA Degree in a technical discipline or computer science.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top