Vertical Measurement Lead, Financial Services
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and the industry on measurement strategy and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business performance. To accomplish this, the person in this role will drive industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods and products and design and execute empirical research for individual clients and at the industry-level. Driving good measurement with clients will require designing tests (lift, brand effect, Atlas pilots) and doing research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact. In some cases the existing measurement products and approaches will not be a perfect fit for clients, verticals, or countries. In these cases, measurement partners will focus on customizing existing capabilities or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with Product, R&D, and Partnerships.Facebook is seeking exceptional candidates to join this new team: we’re looking for people with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as familiarity with large data sets and data tools. To successfully influence how clients conduct and use measurement, the candidate will need to be able to work cross-functionally with advertisers, sales teams, and other members of the Marketing Science team.
- Manage a complex set of client relationships across industry and client groups, functions, brands, agencies, and in some cases geographies to drive our measurement objectives.
- Push clients to measure true business value by building and operationalizing a “learning agenda” that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques.
- Play a strategic role in developing the cross-platform and cross-media measurement approaches and agendas for large advertisers and agencies, vertical categories or specific local markets
- Drive client, vertical, and industry adoption of preferred measurement methodologies, products, and approaches in support of the “learning agenda”
- Design tests to showcase the power of good measurement using client data and FB or third party technology tools
- Conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Communicate complex research results to a general audience
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive client engagement around measurement innovation, including product alphas and beta.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners, including the Global Media Solutions’ team
- 8+ years and Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar
- 6+ years and advance degree with relevant working experience, consulting, research or analytics research experience and experience-based aptitude to use data and numbers to formulate insights
- Direct experience independently scoping and executing a research project from start to finish
- Able to analyze and manipulate data sets to understand patterns and provide client insights
- General knowledge of advertising measurement methods and technologies
- Client-facing experience, including experience driving change through adoption of products or research methods
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audience
- Demonstrated leadership skills at an industry level and with clients
- Experience working with data-sets, statistical software such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, STATA, and Hive and/or SQL
- General knowledge of advertising and/or measurement methods and technologies
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results
- Experience in financial industry and familiarity with fair lending environment
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top