Vertical Marketing Manager, Performance Marketing
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
More than a billion people use Facebook everyday to connect with people, causes and brands they care about. Facebook’s scale and targeting capabilities mean that we can help advertisers reach and engage people who matter to them. At Facebook you can play a key part leading this movement on our Global Business Marketing team. We are looking for an experienced professional to lead the Performance Marketing verticals within our Canada Marketing team, including Performance Marketing, Ecommerce, Content Publishing, & Tech. You will be responsible for developing and executing the vertical-specific marketing strategy and activation tools to support the global sales teams in Canada, resulting in significant business growth, as well as contributing to the overall success of the Global Business Marketing team. You will be the true partner to the Performance Marketing vertical sales team and collaboratively build out insights-based marketing strategy & programs that work to support Facebook’s leadership position amongst advertisers. As well as driving the marketing strategy, you will not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves to help the sales teams activate against the plan. You will possess the ability to drive focus within the marketing plan, identifying new ways to enable the sales team to drive incremental growth. The ideal candidate will bring strategy, creativity, & simplicity in their approach. Candidates will be considered based the following:1.Solid understanding of the Audience, including Performance Marketing, Ecommerce, Content Publishing, & Tech verticals 2.Strong point of view on the growth opportunity & competitive threats3.Best in class marketing discipline expertise from strategy to flawless execution 4.Experience working with growth hackers & complex mobile Performance Marketing solutions5.Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and drive alignment across internal teams6.Works well in ambiguous environments, able to pivot quicklyThis is a full time position, and will require some travel. The role is based in Toronto.
- Build the marketing strategy and activation plan for the Performance verticals. Bring simplicity to the planning and activation process. Identify near term priorities in conjunction with the broader Global Sales Org (GSO) / Global Business Marketing, & Product Solutions.
- Develop messaging framework and Sales pitch narratives, building clear positioning for complex DR solutions targeted at a savy audience. Key focus in developing content to support International, cross-boarder best practices.
- Identify scaled marketing methods to land key messages and drive adoption of Facebook’s marketing solutions within the vertical. This includes big channel partnerships with shopify/hootsuite/yellow pages
- onboarding programs
- newsletters, events, etc.
- Leverage insights (ad effectiveness, market and consumer) to develop breakthrough opportunities for advertisers in the vertical
- Build strong and effective relationships across the Global Sales Organisation, within Global Business Marketing as a whole, and across cross-functional teams
- Deliver concise and powerful analysis of marketing impact
- Effectively negotiate and manage the allocated marketing budget
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 10+ years of related marketing experience
- Specific DIGITAL NATIVE verticals marketing experience
- Advertising Industry experience and knowledge of media landscape
- Experience developing & managing marketing programs
- Experience developing content and creative
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and inventive marketing programs
- Ability to distill complex data into digestible insights
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top