Vendor Management Specialist - Enterprise IT Software
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Enterprise Engineering (EE), Facebook's internal IT organization is looking for an experienced, self-driven Vendor Management Specialist who will be accountable for leading the vendor strategy and relationships with IT Hardware and/or Software Vendors. This role requires someone with hands-on experience in developing vendor strategy for the categories, negotiations and managing a holistic relationship with a wide array of vendors in this space. This role is expected to drive value for EE through vendor relationships (e.g. cost leverage, performance improvements, innovation, escalation management) and extensive cross-functional collaboration to implement vendor related initiatives.
- End to end ownership of non-operational (e.g. financial, risk, relationship, performance escalations, compliance, vendor driven innovation) management of top tier vendors within hardware and/or software categories.
- Uplevel existing vendor relationships to ensure alignment on strategic goals between EE and vendor organization.
- Establish governance cadence and ensure leadership connects drive towards enhancing value for EE from vendor relationships.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with EE business teams that leverage vendors to perform core functions.
- Lead and influence vendor selection decisions (e.g. RFPs), pricing models, and negotiations to further mature EE's vendor landscape and engagements.
- Develop and execute EE level performance scorecards for top tier vendors to drive continuous improvements and ensure vendor decisions/strategy aligns with vendor's performance track record.
- BA or BS degree.
- 7+ years managing relationships with large Enterprise IT software and/or Hardware vendors.
- 5+ years of enterprise technology procurement and contract negotiations experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and in a role that requires influencing across different levels in the organization (internal and vendors).
- Experience with various software licensing models (perpetual, subscription, SaaS etc) and related support and professional services.
- Experience working with VARs.
- Familiarity with asset management, software licensing audits.
- IT team leadership experience.
- Educational background in Computer Science or Electronics or Supply Chain field.
- Deep understanding of vendor landscape, and vendor's profitability levers, operating model, account management practices and product roadmapping process.
- Technology contract analysis and negotiations experience.
Back to top