UX Researcher, Platform
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook’s billion+ users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of Facebook.
The Platform team focuses on two sets of people: developers and buyers & sellers.
Why do we care about developers? On average, people spend ~45 minutes per day on Facebook. Developers are how we reach people in those other 23 hours. Developers build great experiences that people interact with, extend the Facebook experience into those 23 hours, and help bring those experiences back into Facebook. It’s not enough to just provide tools to move data back and forth between developers and Facebook. To really build loyalty with this group, we need to help them throughout their lifecycle, so we focus on helping them build, grow, and monetize their apps.
We have four teams working in this space:
- Build team – builds organic tools to help developers build, grow and monetizeAds/paid tools to help developers grow and monetize
- Payments – payment services & experiences that serve both external developers (games) and internal developers (ads)
- Games – our most important vertical that leverages tools from all of the teams, but also builds tools specific to the games industry
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Experience with quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Experience communicating with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Product Manager’s Designers, Developers, and Engineers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top