UX Researcher, News
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product designers and engineers to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from the foundational to the evaluative, from ethnography to experimentation, and allows for collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers across the company. For this position, we are looking for a mixed-methods researcher with a history of product research on journalism, media, news consumption and algorithmic curation.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the power of technology to inform people about their world. Successful candidates are excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social platforms, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate and focused squarely on bringing compelling and relevant online experiences to as many people as possible around the world.
- Develop and maintain expertise in journalism and media research (both academic and market insights)
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics that will drive short- and long-term product development
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Work collaboratively with researchers in other disciplines and teams
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Collaborate with researchers across the company to elevate research findings on related topics
- 3+ years' experience in journalism/media research or MS/PhD in communication, media studies, journalism, human-computer interaction, psychology, linguistics, anthropology, sociology, market research, information science or a related field
- Prior start-to-finish ownership and execution of large-scale, high-impact research projects
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis)
- Experience with SQL, R or Python
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research
- Ability to ask, as well as answer questions
- Ability to communicate theory, analysis and results to a lay audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top