UX Researcher, Messenger (Mixed Methods)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the world's moments. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
At the heart of connecting people together is building a platform that fosters sharing between you and family, friends, and community. Messaging is key to this. The messaging market is competitive with a wide range of competitors at different stages of development including 1) Messaging services built on social platforms such as Messenger/FB, Snapchat, Instagram 2) Standalone messaging apps such as WhatsApp, WeChat and Line and 3) Android/iPhone native messaging solutions such as iMessage and Android Messages. This space is complex and growth in such a competitive space is challenging but also rewarding as we are able to connect the world through meaningful conversations.
We need a UX Researcher who is capable of tackling all aspects of this problem. Your scope will include working with multiple product teams within Messenger as well as collaborating with different product teams across the company. The right candidates will be communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on impacting the Messenger product and business.
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed, complete insights
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, design, data science, engineering, and marketing to identify important research questions and align on priorities
- Lead participatory and design thinking workshops with stakeholders
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- B.A./B.S. human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB, or similar statistical packages
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field
Back to top