UX Researcher, Intern 2018
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Every day, Facebook is altering the way people communicate and share information. As a Facebook researcher, you can fundamentally affect people's lives in a real and meaningful way. In turn, we ensure you have everything you need to focus on this mission and be invested in its success. The goal of the User Experience team (UX) is to improve the user experience by incorporating research, insights and content strategy into the product cycle. As a UX Researcher, you will work closely with product teams throughout the design process to identify opportunities for research, choose the appropriate methods, conduct the research and analyze and present results. Your toolbox should consist of both qualitative and quantitative methods, such as expert reviews, user tests, and journal studies, as well as experiments, surveys and A/B testing. Experience with log analysis or statistical analysis is a plus. As a partner to product design teams, you should have strong communication skills, drawing on your experience with design to describe and sometimes mock-up suggestions in research reports. While your main focus as a UX Researcher will be to investigate specific products and interfaces and work closely with product design teams, we also focus on larger usability and content issues across the site. As a result, you should have a strong understanding of social media, good product instincts, a creative approach to research design, and a bold, entrepreneurial attitude.Currently hiring for Fall 2017 only.
- Conduct user research on multiple Facebook products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior data through a variety of channels, such as user testing, semi-formal interviews, observation, surveys, A/B testing and log analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product Management and Engineering to incorporate user-centered research at all stages of the product cycle
- Proactively design studies intended to understand user behavior and attitudes
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to measure the impact of copy changes
- Study and analyze the user experience on the site through a wide variety of qualitative methods
- Recommend and run appropriate A/B tests (or other) to measure the impact of site changes
- Effectively communicate results and illustrate suggestions to product teams through clear writing
- Pursuing a PhD in HCI, social computing, Information Science or related social science field, or MA/MS in these areas with prior related industry research experience
- Experience in conducting UX research, experience conducting applied and/or product related research is a plus
- Clear communicator
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internshipDetail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with User Experience teams
- Excellent command of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top