UX Researcher, Instagram (Mixed Methods)
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Instagram's billion users. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Our primary research ranges from formative to evaluative, using approaches such as quantitative surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and contextual inquiries. For this position, we are looking for individuals with a mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) and who bring an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights.
The right candidates will be effective communicators who have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, who are passionate about bringing access of Instagram to people around the world, and who are comfortable in a flat, fast-moving, collaborative organization.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, data science, design, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- BA/BS, Human Behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science)
- 2+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB or similar statistical packages
- MS/PhD, Human Behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top