UX Researcher, Growth
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product designers and engineers to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, from ethnography to experimentation, and it involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers. For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in qualitative and mixed methods, including product-focused lab studies, usability evaluation, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and rapid ethnography.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on bringing compelling and relevant online experiences to as many people as possible around the world.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with quantitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- MS/PhD in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, communication, market research, information science, or a related field
- Interest in and experience executing hands-on, primary research
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research preferred
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis)
- Experience with SQL and Python a plus
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research preferred
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility highly desirable
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and results compellingly to a lay audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top