UX Researcher, Feed Sharing Creation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion plus users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced and creative design researcher who has qualitative expertise, and experience with quantitative (survey) research. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about product design, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design and product strategy of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Create research roadmaps based on product plans
- Design studies across the product lifecycle, including generative, descriptive, and evaluative research
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs, as well as inform product strategy
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Create compelling and novel narratives about the people who use our products
- 3+ years' experience in applied product research with a focus on design research
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Workshop facilitation experience
- Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects
- Experience in an interactive products company
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top