UX Research Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we are inventing the future. We are looking for an experienced UX research leader with excellent leadership, communication, and partnership skills to deliver amazing products and experiences for consumers. As a Research Manager in the Facebook Reality Labs organization, you will lead a team of UX researchers. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has a breadth and depth of research skills - who understands the balance and trade-offs between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product recommendations and decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical.
You and your team will define, support and then operationalize user needs into use cases and partner with designers and developers to create valuable, innovative software experiences. We are looking for candidates with experience in guiding a research team to develop generative, iterative, and evaluative research plans - you must be familiar with every aspect of the product development lifecycle, including early (first principles) research and discovery, definition, and analysis of requirements.
You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to measurable business value. You must contribute to design and strategic discussions and be an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, engineers and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Date posted: 22nd April 2020
Closing date: 30th May 2020
- Lead the team to define clear strategy and vision across Facebook Reality Labs for work collaboration across distance
- Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term research that delivers impact
- Passionate about build and scaling a 0-1 product and hold the team accountable to ship high-quality products
- Skilled at understanding and incorporating limitations of new technologies in product solutions
- Influence product strategy and roadmapping through your team's insights and frameworks
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Hiring, developing, and retaining talent
- Thrive in supporting quantitative and qualitative research to solve ambiguous problems
- Build and grow strong relationships between your team and partner teams (UX design, software engineering, etc.) to create a full picture of end users' experience
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to engineering and leadership stakeholders
- 3+ years industry experience in management or leadership role leading teams.
- Experience developing products from 0-1, and shipping 2D or 3D software products.
- Mentorship experience with leading an organization at various levels from interns to researchers
- Technical knowledge across topics including remote collaboration, qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Experience in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Human Factors, Cultural Anthropology, or a related field
- Experience with AR/VR technologies
- 3D software UX experience
Back to top