UX Quantitative Researcher, Instagram
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
For this position, we are looking for individuals with strong quantitative methodological training and experience, including methods for causal inference with observable data and design and analysis of surveys, with an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights. The right candidates will have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, and will be excellent communicators, passionate about empowering people with online social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and excited to collaborate with cross functional partners.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other qualitative and quantitative researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Mentor other researchers, and uphold our team's high standard of work
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding the ways in which Instagram users experience the social world, and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed understanding
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders and align and execute critical insights that align with the business top needs and timelines
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question
- Bachelor in Applied Statistics, Economics and Social Studies, Human Computer Interaction, Mathematics and Statistics, Psychological Statistics, or Psychology
- 2+ years of experience in applied product research
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis, causal inference with observable data)
- Experience with SQL/Hive and/or Python and large datasets (> 1TB)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Master in Applied Statistics, Economics and Social Studies, Human Computer Interaction, Psychological Statistics, or Psychology
- 3+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top