UX Qualitative Researcher
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world. WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend.
WhatsApp is looking for talented Researchers to join our growing, nimble, and highly collaborative mission driven Research team. We're looking for experienced and exceptional mixed-methods, quantitative, and qualitative Research experts to help uncover insights across our WhatsApp Consumer, Growth, Business, and Integrity pillars - and we're just getting started!
Our ideal candidate has experience with multi-method qualitative studies. For qualitative skills, the ideal candidate is fluent in laboratory as well as field data collection methods and has international data collection experience.
This person is able to identify and execute on key research topics through ambiguous and fast-changing environments, align and efficiently deliver critical insights, and loves working with talented, highly collaborative cross-functional team members. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering customer insights in emerging markets, and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of customers globally, this is the role for you!
Full-time positions with WhatsApp team are based at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Plan and execute end-to-end generative and evaluative research across our WhatsApp ecosystem - Consumer, Business, and Integrity pillars
- Translate research into actionable design and product results
- Conduct research using a combination of qualitative methods (e.g., conducting interviews, focus groups, usability testing, survey design)
- Partner with engineers, analysts, quantitative researchers, and product marketing to integrate insights into a cohesive body of knowledge
- Combine qualitative research and user-centered design methods, including but not limited to concept-testing, competitor analysis, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, or ethnography. Motivated to use creative but rigorous qualitative research methods with expert facilitation skills
- Communicate and facilitate to proactively collaborate and help bridge alignment within and across diverse teams
- Work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment
- Communicate research insights and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to help foster empathy, elevate customer understanding, and help achieve product and business impact
- B.A/B.S. in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
- 4+ years of experience in user research in applied product research
- MA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top