User Researcher, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Building 8 seeks a User Researcher who will work closely with The Product Launch Team for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with Industrial and UX design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Synthesize insights, communicate results, and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design and Design Thinking methods
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Knowledgeable about UI, UX and Industrial Design
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility
- Ability to ask as well as answer meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top