University Recruiting, Manager, East
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As 'one team', People@ focuses on three major areas: hire the best people, foster continuous personal growth and enrich the overall Facebook experience. Our culture is our most important asset, and as the keepers of that culture, we're seeking folks who share our values of moving fast, openness and impact. Our University Recruiting team is looking for an experienced recruiting lead for our software engineering (East) team. This is a permanent position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Lead a team of 10 recruiters and coordinators responsible for software engineering recruiting within North America, including recruiting strategy, goals, performance management, day to day task management
- Oversee recruiting strategies for a team of recruiters based in Menlo Park, CA, working with internal engineering clients to determine hiring targets and resource needs
- Communicate recruiting strategies to larger University team to ensure achievement of goals
- Ability to identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies for the East team
- Provide reporting to the UR Management team and internal clients regarding recruiting results and how team is tracking to goals
- Track and manage a team budget, providing updates when needed
- Anticipate team needs and growth and hire, flex and stretch to meet changing business demand
- Assist in other initiatives, as needed
- Act as an internally and externally-facing representative of Facebook and our talent acquisition team
- Develop and manage to an annual budget across multiple stakeholders
- Provide clear communication of progress, roadblocks, updates, and future plans to the UR team, engineering teams, management and localized site leads and directors.
- 6+ years of Recruiting experience
- 2+ years of University Recruiting experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top