University Recruiting, Lead, West
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As ‘one team’, People@ focuses on three major areas: hire the best people, foster continuous personal growth and enrich the overall Facebook experience. Our culture is our most important asset, and as the keepers of that culture, we’re seeking folks who share our values of moving fast, openness and impact. Our University Recruiting team is looking for an experienced recruiting lead for our software engineering (West) team. This is a permanent position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Lead a team of 10 recruiters and coordinators responsible for software engineering recruiting within North America, including recruiting strategy, goals, performance management, day to day task management
- Oversee recruiting strategies for a team of recruiters based in Menlo Park, CA, working with internal engineering clients to determine hiring targets and resource needs
- Communicate recruiting strategies to larger University team to ensure achievement of goals
- Ability to identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies for the West team
- Provide reporting to the UR Management team and internal clients regarding recruiting results and how team is tracking to goals
- Track and manage a team budget, providing updates when needed
- Anticipate team needs and growth and hire, flex and stretch to meet changing business demand
- Assist in other initiatives, as needed
- Act as an internally and externally-facing representative of Facebook and our talent acquisition team
- Develop and manage to an annual budget across multiple stakeholders
- Providing clear communication of progress, roadblocks, updates, and future plans to the UR team, engineering teams, management, and localized site leads
- 6+ years of Recruiting experience
- 2+ years of University Recruiting experience
- 2+ years of lead or people management experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top