University Recruiting, Diversity Events and Conferences Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
University Recruiting is in our DNA. From our start in a dorm room at Harvard, Facebook has looked to talent from universities to build the next set of new products for our 1 billion plus users that drive our mission to make the world more open and connected. The result is an opportunity to have tremendous impact at a revolutionary company. If you've ever dreamed about disrupting and revolutionizing the way recruiting and university recruiting is done, we'd love to talk with you about how you might help Facebook do just that. As part of the larger recruiting organization, we are responsible for identifying the smartest and most passionate individuals, as well partnering with organizations/conferences that are in support of our diversity goals and objectives. We are looking for someone to leverage our platform and products and to partner with the broader University Recruitment and Inclusion and Diversity teams to help us develop a stronger and more diverse pipeline that represents our global users. We take Facebook's mission of discovering top talent and serving our employees seriously.
- Partner with University Recruiting to plan and execute our presence at major diversity conferences and events.
- Train intern managers on the nuances of the programs and how best to mentor their interns.
- Working with external partners to negotiate terms of partnership and ensure all terms are met.
- Send weekly updates on progress from campuses to key stakeholders during peak recruitment season.
- Manage scholarship opportunities for students attending partner conferences and events.
- Partner closely with university recruiters to ensure smooth candidate transition and consistent candidate experience.
- Identify new sources of talent and strategic partnerships to help team meet diversity objectives.
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage Facebook's brand and presence in diverse spaces.
- Remain current with EEO and diversity-related laws, regulations and policies.
- Provide opportunities for community building and networking throughout.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and finalize
- 2+ years of event management or facilitation experience
- 1+ years of diversity-focused initiative support experience.
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top