University Recruiting, Closer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
University Recruiting is in our DNA. From our start in a dorm room at Harvard, Facebook has looked to talent from universities to build the next set of new products for our 1 billion+ users that drive our mission to make the world more open and connected. As a closer you will partner with talent scouts and our engineering teams on hiring strategies that support several key universities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook products and be able to speak to our technology/industry. The position is based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Manage recruiting process for technical candidates, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Collaborate with client groups to understand their hiring needs and goals.
- Work with recruiting team members (Talent Scouts, Sourcers, and Coordinators) to develop, implement, and execute hiring strategy across all technical teams.
- Screen resumes and interview qualified candidates.
- Facilitate interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Maintain data reports and performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Drive offer process - including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters
- Act as an internally and externally-facing representative of Facebook and our talent acquisition team.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in recruiting university candidates (internship and full time)
- Consultative qualities and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization as well as externally.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel domestically, during peak recruiting cycles
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Interest in contributing to the Facebook mission and goals
- Tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, engineering schools, conferences, open source communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top