Unit Systems Design Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Connectivity Team is looking for strong technical leaders to design, implement and deploy future novel communication technologies.
- Evaluate impairments, interfaces, timing, and manufacturability of the unit.
- Unit integration, debugging and bring up in the lab & field and a transition to volume manufacturing.
- Work closely with hardware industry vendors and partners to identify, develop, test, and deploy the right technology.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a similar technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Antenna/RF/Transceiver design, Wireless Communication, Signal Processing and Analog/Digital Circuit Design (including processor, FPGA, memory, interconnects, power/signal integrity etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Modeling and Simulation of impairments along with experience debugging and resolving functional and performance failures
- Experience making trade-offs in unit design to achieve performance that meets specifications under cost and size constraints
- Knowledge of thermal, mechanical, and SW requirements and issues related to product design
- Experience working cross-functionally with RF, Digital, FGPA, ME and Embedded Software Engineers
- Experience with production issues and techniques (REL, DFM, DFT, OPS, Procurement)
- Energy and drive to work in a startup environment, and be a team player
- Detail oriented and diligent, balanced with rapid execution in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top