UI Designer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Building 8 seeks a UI Designer who will work closely with The Product Launch Team for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead the creation of holistic hardware/software user experiences for products that define emerging categories, or redefine existing ones.
- Design new product typologies from concept exploration to product launch using User Interaction tools – market research, sketches, CAD, renderings and rapid prototypes, whiteboard sketches, detailed wireframes, user flows, UI specs, interaction design mock-ups, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Lead internal and external activities with partners, from early design exploration, to manufacturing and product launch.
- Collaborate with our user research team to understand user needs, identify design opportunities, and design meaningful user experiences.
- Connect the brand to people, represent user-centric thinking, and excellence in aesthetic and functional sensibilities, while simultaneously addressing the design challenges represented by usability, marketing, and engineering constraints.
- Driven by data and user research, analyze and design interactions to support key growth metrics.
- This multi-disciplinary role will be highly hands-on, creative, and collaborative across user research, marketing, brand, and engineering activities.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in User Interaction design.
- 5+ years of experience combining software and hardware design for consumer products.
- Ability to combine strategic and systemic thinking with design for UI activities
- Experience designing data-rich interfaces with knowledge of Human Centered Design, and Design Thinking process.
- Knowledge of standard design processes, and wireframing tools.
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling and rendering.
- Sketching, visualizing, and prototyping skills, cognitive ability, and demonstrated skill in iterative prototyping processes.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top