UI Artist - Experiences
Join a team of designers and engineers who are passionate about working on the cutting edge of both Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality multiplayer and social experiences. As a UI Artist - Experiences, you will be at the forefront of user interface design building and exploring visual language for virtual spaces and applying it consistently through multiple 2D and 3D platforms. Work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
Please note this position is a set term employment and forecast for up to 2 years.
- Create innovative user interfaces for experience prototypes working as a 2D/3D interface generalist on a small team.
- Identify and document best practices for communicating in AR with text, iconography and images.
- Take creative direction and translate it into your interface work.
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).
- Implement interactive objects and systems in UE4 Blueprint.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from other team members to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR/AR problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with user interface design, typography, iconography, information layout, color, space, and texture.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D asset creation suites such as Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience creating UE4 Blueprints for interactive gameplay systems.
- VR experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in game development or indie game development as UI/UX Artist.
- Proven track record of content development, including shipping one or more titles.
- Experience creating FX in UE4.
- Experience working with Unity.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Experience creating 2D/3D UI in UE4.
- Experience scripting in Python, Lua or similar scripting language.
- Low and high-poly modeling skills, ability in texture and material creation and real-time lighting in UE4.
Back to top