Trust and Safety, Law Enforcement Outreach Manager
- Chicago, IL
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Law Enforcement Outreach Manager to join its Trust and Safety Law Enforcement Outreach Team. The team's mission is to build strategic relationships with law enforcement and security agencies to further the company's mission by protecting user privacy and safety across the Facebook family of applications and products. In this role, you will help drive the image of Facebook and its family of applications as well as the perception law enforcement has of our company.
The right person for this role will be a motivated, organized, detail-oriented candidate who demonstrates a strong work ethic, excellent judgment, and exceptional partnering skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience successfully partnering with executive levels of government agencies is important.
A base level technical knowledge of computers, networks and information systems and how those apply to government investigations will be important for success in this role. The ability to understand how the technology industry, and business in general, engages with government entities is also key.
- Lead tactical engagement and education for local and state law enforcement agencies
- Coordinate U.S. Law Enforcement Support regions within the North American team
- Support strategic programs at Facebook such as the AMBER Alert program
- Provide real-time updates on events to internal management
- Support child safety, terrorism and emergency response teams
- Partner with other internal teams in supporting our community of users
- Work with graphic or sensitive content on a regular basis
- Be available for after-hours and weekend work as needed
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years of additional work experience in safety/security field in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years experience as an analyst or investigator with a safety, law enforcement or security focus
- Experience assessing, analyzing, and resolving issues
- Law enforcement or other government investigator background
- Business administration experience
- Program management experience
Back to top