(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, organized team player to serve as Trademark Paralegal. This position will provide organizational and substantive support to the attorneys on the trademark team, will work closely with product teams across the Facebook Companies, and will report to the lead trademark paralegal. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Candidates should be extremely organized and resourceful, with ability to prioritize projects and communicate efficiently.
- Assist attorneys in planning and managing trademark portfolios
- Gather and evaluate evidence and specimens of use across all of the Facebook Brands, including Facebook, Instagram, Oculus, WhatsApp, Messenger, Internet.org, and others.
- Lead trademark clearance support for Facebook’s open source initiatives
- Monitor outside counsel work for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals
- Assist with other projects and workflows as needed, including brand permissions, additional trademark clearance, marketing clearance, enforcement, and team operations
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification
- 4+ years of relevant trademark experience
- Technical knowledge with trademark search tools, databases, docket systems, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with web, app, social networking, or internet companies
- Experience with managing international portfolios, as well as app store, marketplace, and internet enforcement
- Experience with US and international copyright applications
- Relevant experience on an in house legal team and experience working directly with product and marketing teams
- Notary certification or willingness to obtain same
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top