(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated Brand Protection Counsel to be responsible for protecting and enforcing several of the most famous trademarks on the internet. This is a full-time position and is located in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters, and will report to the Associate General Counsel, IP. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Primary responsibility for online trademark enforcement and brand protection efforts globally for multiple valuable brand portfolios
- Instruct, supervise and collaborate with outside counsel on trademark disputes, including administrative or trademark-office disputes, pre-litigation matters, and litigation
- Support global anti-counterfeiting efforts
- Design and collaborate on brand consistency initiatives
- Communicate with internal clients and partners regarding Facebook’s enforcement philosophy and actions
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of trademark enforcement strategies and processes
- Assist with other trademark matters as necessary, including trademark diligence and marketing content clearance
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 3+ years of relevant experience with trademark enforcement or litigation
- Able to quickly reach technical proficiency with new practice management tools
- Must be organized and resourceful, with ability to independently prioritize, drive, and manage projects in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Exercise sound, pragmatic judgment and think strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal and language skills and a commitment to professionalism, collaboration and collegiality
- Experience with MarkMonitor and AppDetex a plus
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top