Tools Lead, Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users.
Our Tools Solutions team is responsible for building and maintaining tools and infrastructure used by our Digital Rights Operations teams to review reports of alleged infringement of legal rights, optimize for efficiency and growth, and integrate new features and products, to support and protect Facebook, rights holders, and users. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Legal, Operations, Policy, and Data to ensure support at scale.
We are looking for someone to provide local leadership and support to our growing Tools Solutions team. This individual will assume management responsibilities in developing talented tools team members, as well as drive cross-functional impact with our internal partners. Successful candidates for this job are experienced people managers, self-motivated, have a technical mindset, are flexible to constant changes and are data-driven in developing improvements to infrastructure and processes. Ability to work across different time zones and using analytical rigor to improve our operations is critical.
- Lead a local team of analytical, technical, and operational individual contributors that support our internal tools, systems, and infrastructure
- Provide strong performance management, coaching, and career guidance for direct reports, especially in growing the team's technical expertise in support tools and infrastructure
- Gain a solid understanding of all major systems, and become an expert in core IP and support infrastructure, tools, systems, and data
- Be the technical expert on all automation and routing systems, tools, and infrastructure used by our Digital Rights Operations teams
- Be an advocate for Digital Rights Operations, coordinating across partner organizations including Engineering, Legal, Online Operations, Global Media Solutions, Media Operations, Sales, and Partnerships
- Provide guidance on organizational effectiveness, change management, and conflict resolution
- Enable execution against team goals and prioritized roadmaps, and implement strategies for measuring progress and communicating results against these goals
- Collaborate with Digital Rights Operations core and support teams, and market teams, to determine and prioritize tool requirements which allow teams to solve daily operational problems and optimize for scale
- Ensure internal tools and systems are leveraged and provide scalable, long-term solutions
- Collaborate with operations teams and engineering in developing and prioritizing comprehensive, stack rank of requests for internal tool improvements
- Support debugging of operations infrastructure from small to large scale problems
- Influence key cross-functional partners, including Product, Engineering, Design, Policy, Legal, and others to leverage resources and gain support for internal tools development
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in software development and/or solutions engineering
- 1+ years experience managing people
- Experience with full life-cycle system implementation (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- 1+ years of experience with programming/scripting languages: SQL, PHP/Hack, Haskell, Python, Shell and/or XML
Back to top