Threat Response Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook manages a number of critical internal processes to ensure that the company operates legally and ethically while upholding people's trust.
The Threat Programs and Response team is looking for a person to lead coordination across our Compliance, Security and Investigations group and manage collaboration with our cross-functional partners across Facebook when there are crisis situations that require strategic coordination and immediate action due to credible risks of real world harm.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working under pressure and accepting accountability for execution and deliverables by other teams. They will also be a natural communicator who focuses and conveys particular details to a team of stakeholders, and is able to drive alignment and clarity across teams working at a fast-pace in parallel. Last, the candidate should have familiarity with or be willing to work on the intersection of tech, legal, compliance, community standards and law enforcement matters.
This is a full-time position and is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Create and execute action frameworks for organizational-level response to a variety of crisis or high priority scenarios.
- Identify and clearly communicate leadership priorities across multiple response teams.
- Track progress and provide regular updates to leadership and partners throughout active response period.
- Identify action items and requirements needed from a variety of teams and communicate and track progress.
- Prevent redundancy and gaps during active response periods to ensure all teams are working together without excessive overlap.
- Coordinate with partner response teams from other parts of Facebook to reduce redundancy and ensure all teams are working together.
- Oversee and direct metrics tracking and reporting related to each incident or issue.
- Build subject matter expertise, stay up to date on technology, and identify key partnerships to help build response protocols that lead the industry.
- Provide unbiased documentation and insights to after action review teams conducting evaluations of each incident.
- Travel internationally up to 20% of the year.
- Work ad hoc nights and weekends during active response periods.
- Work oftentimes with difficult or disturbing subject matter.
- Ability to pass a U.S. government background check.
- 5+ years experience in technology, safety or security industries
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal experience, including experience working across technical cross-functional teams
- Experience in adapting to different working styles based on teams involved
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top