Facebook is looking for a Threat Investigator to support our Community Threat Intelligence team. This position will focus on understanding the offline impact of our products on communities worldwide and help develop ways to protect our highest risk users and advance human rights.
We are seeking candidates with an investigative background and the ability to apply data analytics and attribution analysis to inform product changes aimed at deterring bad actors and keeping our users safe. The candidate will be a part of a team that works proactively to investigate patterns of activity on our platform that could manifest in conflict among communities in the real world. The potential for impact with this work is substantial, as outcomes can affect a global user base. Highly qualified candidates will have experience in civil society, international development or human rights defense and experience engaging with key stakeholders from CSOs, government, international institutions, and industry and how to work with these partners to achieve social good through investigative work.
THREAT INVESTIGATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prototype new investigative techniques to identify complex threats to Facebook's user base in the midst of offline events
- Design and apply repeatable processes to help standardize the role of investigations in Facebook's efforts to protect human rights
- Design mitigation strategies and external relations approaches to live user safety threats
- Engage actively with the global community of civil society and digital rights groups
- Provide real-time investigative response related to geopolitical conflict
- Use technical means to pull and analyze big data sets to facilitate investigations
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- Work with other investigators and regional subject matter experts to deeply understand emerging adversary tactics as they manifest on the Facebook platform
- Interface with other teams to ensure investigative insights are applied to product changes
- Take a leadership role in driving Facebook's approach to protecting human rights
- Answer attack and threat related questions by using appropriate statistical techniques
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and how to use them to further technical investigations
- Knowledge of how to use structured queries to pull data
- Experience with open source investigation techniques
- Experience with empirical research and answering questions through data analysis
- Experience communicating quantitative analysis
- Experience working with a graph data model
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Community Threat Investigator
- Global Security Regional Protective Intelligence Analyst
- Security Engineer Investigator
- Security Engineer, Malware Analysis
- Threat Investigations Manager
- Threat Investigations Manager - Threat Discovery
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top