Threat Intelligence Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Information Security team is looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst with extensive experience in investigating and analyzing online threat actors, their tactics, techniques, and procedures, and implementing countermeasures accordingly. The perfect candidate will have a multidisciplinary analytic background, with experience in quantitative and/or technical fields, and data-driven decision making. Highly qualified candidates will possess a professional understanding of security risk and geopolitical issues. It is highly important candidates are focused on results, and are self-starters.
- Identify and investigate malicious actors with the interest and capability to target Facebook users and infrastructure.
- Track high priority threat campaigns and identify and implement countermeasures.
- Lead analytical and investigative projects from start-to-finish, to include effectively communicating actionable results to different audience types.
- Investigate, mitigate, and forecast emerging threats and trends, and share learnings with relevant teams to aid in proactive planning and response strategies.
- Engage constructively in cross-functional projects designed to improve Facebook and its users' security postures.
- Experience campaign tracking and analyzing high-impact threats/threat actors.
- Experience conducting data analysis and/or working with large data sets with actionable recommendations and outcomes.
- Ability to think critically and properly qualify assessments with concise, accurate communications (both verbal and written).
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long term projects.
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight, with a proactive work ethic.
- Experience working effectively across the broader security community.
- Experience with advanced static or dynamic analysis, reverse engineering.
- Ability to work with a team spanning multiple locations/time zones.
- Area/Region specific geopolitical knowledge
- language skills.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding the intersection of global security risks, and how they apply to Facebook and its users.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top