Threat Detection Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook Security is looking for a Threat Detection Analyst with extensive experience in analysis of malware and intrusions. You will be the first line of defense for Facebook’s infrastructure. You will advance Facebook’s mission of making the world more open and connected by quickly identifying and analyzing threats that aim to collect sensitive/proprietary information or disrupt our business. We are looking for someone that loves hunting for bad guys, analyzing their malware and developing new signatures or methodologies to track their activity.
- Drive proactive identification of threats to the environment and rapid deployment of countermeasures
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and relationships with members of the law enforcement, threat intelligence and digital asset protection communities
- Make threat intelligence actionable by integrating it with existing or novel detection capabilities
- Analyze malware, packets, alerts and logs for signs of malicious activity
- Write signatures and tools to analyze and detect malicious activity
- A passion for finding and eradicating malicious activity and a desire to make life hard for the bad guys
- Experience developing, collecting and analyzing threat intelligence
- 5+ Years Experience in Security
- Strong background in malware analysis, intrusion detection and threat intelligence
- Experience writing analysis tools in C, Python, PHP or equivalent language
- Experience with rule-driven and analysis-driven network platforms like Bro and Suricata
- Experience in cyber intelligence analytic methodologies such as Kill Chain, Diamond Model, threat modeling
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, and networking services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top