(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a thermal mechanical engineer at Oculus, you will take a critical role in bringing VR to our customers. You will develop thermal solutions for next-generation consumer virtual reality hardware. You will take the lead exploring and refining major elements of the consumer Rift through hands-on, iterative prototyping, while working with a team of diverse, top engineers. You will refine selected designs and coordinate with manufacturing experts during the production process. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their mechanical engineering expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways. Our ideal candidate has a strong thermal design background, excellent prototyping skills, 3D CAD capability, and experience in designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
- Provide cross-functional leadership and direction in the development of product architectures
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers (EE/ME/Test) to identify challenges, strategically create simulations, build and conduct tests, and present findings to designers and other engineers early and often.
- Build thermal prototypes in the shop for early validation
- Scale efforts by leveraging internal/external resources
- Serve as resident thermal expert to help expand general team knowledge of thermal design
- Contribute to the creation of technical specifications and product definition.
- Create processes to assure early analysis and design validation of critical issues.
- Able to organize and lead design and technical reviews.
- Advance team capabilities by continually being aware of new thermal management technology and leveraging latest features in software tools.
- Perform or lead testing to measure product performance and validate thermal analysis.
- Present results in a form actionable by cross-functional team members.
- Drive failure analysis, root cause efforts, and design of experiments to resolve problems.
- Experience architecting products around thermal solutions
- Analyze thermal architectures utilizing engineering fundamentals
- Experience identifying first order and second order system drivers.
- 5+ years of experience in design, development and launch of low cost high-volume consumer electronic products
- 5+ years of experience in CFD analysis
- 5+ years of thermal design experience for printed circuit boards, flex circuits, thermal interface materials, digital chips/device, heatsinks and other active/passive cooling solutions
- Experience with optical systems
- Experience with Acoustic design practices
- Prior professional experience driving China-based vendors remotely and in-person
- Ability to travel approximately 10% annually (sometimes with little notice)
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills
- BS or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, or Hardware Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top