Test Engineering Lead, Building 8 (Shanghai)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Test Engineering Lead. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe this role will be someone that will own the methodologies to validate the product works.
- Lead local core Team of Test Engineering resources.
- Create and maintain a capacity model of all test equipment required to support production ramp.
- Heavy interaction with CM and suppliers to roll out test equipment, product ECN, ECO's, SW validation, implementation and updates.
- Ensure methods and processes exist so that equipment is properly tested, calibrated and certified according to the corresponding Best in Class practices and procedures.
- Initiate in Root Cause Analysis, support DFMEA, FMEA when repetitive failure of company's products occurs, during NPI, launch stage or failure under warranty.
- Ensure accurate records/measurement data pertaining to product parameters and process control performance is captured and analyzed for creation of Test, manufacturing improvement strategy initiatives.
- Develop troubleshooting guide to assist and train the Equipment Test Specialists in troubleshooting and repairing returned products from the customer.
- Interface with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, SW Team, providing test, process input feedback for current or NPI product, SW updates and changes.
- Experience developing test and test protocols for consumer electronics
- Knowledge in electronics manufacturing (ICT, PCBA and Final Assembly) Test SW programming, test validation, burn-in test reliability and roll out of final software into the final product.
- 5+ year experience in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision, independent decision-making and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability to adopt to a diversified, fast moving Cross Functional Team environment
- Understands Basic C++ programming language
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top