Test Engineering Lead, Building 8
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Test Engineering Lead. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe this role will be someone that will own the methodologies to validate the product works.This is a full- time position based in our Hong Kong office.
- Lead local core team of test engineering resources.
- Create and maintain a capacity model of all test equipment required to support production ramp.
- Heavy interaction with CM to roll out test equipment.
- Ensure methods exist so that equipment is properly tested, calibrated and certified according to the corresponding procedures.
- Participate in Route Cause Analysis when repetitive failure of company’s products occur, or failure under warranty.
- Ensure accurate records/measurement data pertaining to product parameters and process control performance is captured and analyzed.
- Develop troubleshooting guide to assist and train the Equipment Test Specialists in troubleshooting and repairing returned products from the customer.
- Interface with Design Engineering and Test Engineering, providing feedback for current product changes.
- Experience developing test and test protocols for consumer electronics
- 5+ years experience in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top