Technology Communications Manager, Trending
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Technology Communications professional to support public relations campaigns around Facebook’s mission of helping to connect, communicate and share in an unprecedented way. This person in this role will work across a variety of Facebook consumer products and will assist the Consumer Communications team in working with press to help people better understand how Facebook can be useful in their daily lives. Candidates should demonstrate an expertise in storytelling, news judgment, products and show deep passion for Facebook’s mission. This person should be experienced in identifying strong stories related to Facebook and pitching stories to a contacts across consumer and tech press.
This is a full time role based in Menlo Park, California.
- Work closely with various Facebook product teams and international communications teams to develop campaigns focused on how Facebook helps people connect across an array of Facebook products and features
- Develop and execute proactive media campaigns that increase awareness of Facebook products, both during launch moments and by identifying evergreen story angles
- Work with a range of press, both consumer and technology reporters, to drive our work and narratives
- Manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously and work well cross functionally both internally and with external agencies
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, Communications or related field
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in communications, either consumer or product comms focused
- Experience working with reporters who cover content related to consumer or technology-focused audiences
- Experience managing relationships with reporters across a variety of publications
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience in managing teams and working with PR agencies and contractors
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top