Technology Communications Manager, Platform and Developers
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Technology Communications Manager to oversee product launches, reactive communications and proactive PR campaigns centered on Facebook's developer platform.
The position requires a passion for Facebook consumer and developer tech products in general, and candidates should demonstrate a strong ability to build proactive communications and storytelling programs. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will be able to work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal. The position is located in San Francisco or Menlo Park, California.
- Experience managing complex partner programs
- Maintain meaningful relationships with press
- Have a deep understanding of web and native mobile apps and the dynamics that make a platform ecosystem successful
- Lead product launches and proactive media programs for Facebook products and initiatives
- Build deep relationships with the media, and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, reactive statements, briefing materials and more
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and communicating at events
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Engage on crisis communications topics and be able to quickly drive the team towards a strategy
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications or related field
- 6+ years PR experience either from agency or in-house
- Experience working with developers, managing product launches and handling crisis communications situations
Back to top