Technology Communications Manager, Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Technology Communications Manager to oversee product launches and proactive PR campaigns centered on Facebook’s developer platform.
The position requires a passion for Facebook consumer and developer tech products in general, and candidates should demonstrate a strong ability to build proactive communications and storytelling programs. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent writer and be able to work cross functionally to drive teams towards a launch or common goal. The position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Experience managing complex partner programs
- Maintain meaningful relationships with press
- Have a deep understanding of web and native mobile apps and the dynamics that make a platform ecosystem successful
- Lead product launches and proactive media programs for Facebook products and initiatives
- Build deep relationships with the media, and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Minimum bachelors degree required in English, Communications or related field
- 5+ years professional PR experience either from agency or in-house
- 3+ years of experience in corporate communications, technology, consumer and business media
- Experience working with developers and managing product launches
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top