Technology Communications Manager, F8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to manage strategic communications for F8, our annual conference where developers and businesses come together to explore the future of technology and learn how Facebook connects the world through new products and innovation. The event includes keynotes where leadership shares our vision for Facebook, a number of sessions that dive into technology and developer-related topics, interactive experiences and demo floor, and the opportunity to meet one-on-one with members of the Facebook team. This individual will be responsible for driving the communications strategy for F8, including news announcements, media strategy, event logistics and planning, executive keynotes, speaking sessions, blog content, internal communications and much more. This role will also be a member of the F8 leadership team, helping to ensure the success of the event overall. In addition, this role will be responsible for a number of event and strategic communication projects at Facebook throughout the year. The right person is passionate about our company and our technology, and can drive both strategy and execution, build effective relationships, and has strong communication skills. This person thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments, enjoys working across a number of teams to pull together cohesive messaging, and cares deeply about technology & innovation. He or she must have demonstrated experience driving and executing communication strategy for events, complex cross-functional efforts, and exhibit excellent skills in project management, communication, brand and product positioning, creative marketing. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Drive product news and proactive media programs for F8 with tangible results
- Collaborate with numerous stakeholders to develop the communication strategy for F8
- Put together a lead the communications team needed to execute a successful F8 communications strategy
- Engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking sessions
- Develop and write communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Work with across communications team to develop an integrated media strategy that properly positions all product news and executives
- Counsel cross-functional global partners in engineering, marketing, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for F8
- Partner closely with cross-functional F8 leadership team across the company, including Product, Marketing, Policy, Events, Legal, Design, and more
- Demonstrate understanding of what the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business, or related field
- 7+ years professional PR experience
- Experience working with corporate, technology, consumer and business media and bloggers
- Experience with event and project management
- Combination of PR experience in-house and agency
- Ability to think, plan, and execute both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to manage and drive multi-national and multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top