Technology Communications Manager, Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Technology Communications Manager to help lead strategic communications programs for Facebook's engineering and infrastructure teams. Facebook's engineers connect more than 1.7 billion people around the world — opportunities for impact abound.
The Technology Communications Manager will work as part of the Engineering Communications team, developing campaigns that build Facebook's engineering brand across many domain specialties: open source, infrastructure, networking, mobile development, developer tools, video engineering, and more.
The successful candidate will have the skills and experience to drive effective communication campaigns. Sourcing ability, solid news judgment, and a love of creating a compelling package are musts. This person should work well in a fluid environment. Facebook's world-class engineers develop cutting-edge technology at a fast pace; new projects can come often. Overall, the ideal candidate is passionate about driving results, isn't afraid to pick up the phone or a send a ping to track down answers, doesn't mind occasional late night, early morning, and weekend work (sometimes all three in one day)! People who love technology, open source, and deep places in the stack will love this role.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support the engineering organization's strategic objectives and brand goals
- Develop story ideas and content for multiple communication platforms, including blog posts, social channels, and websites
- Support launches, develop and train spokespeople, manage speaking engagements for executives
- Proactively drive positive coverage in technical, business, local and national media
- Partner with leaders on the engineering management team and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, including international teams
- Develop and maintain close relationships with the tech media
- Bachelor's degree in a communications or technology-related field is required
- 8+ years of professional experience in PR, journalism, or a related communications field
- Demonstrates thinking, planning, and executing autonomously and as part of a team
- Interpersonal, project management, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with technology, business, and mainstream media to achieve communications goals
- Experience with scale computing technologies
- Experience working with open source technologies and organizations
- Experience working with PR agencies and contractors
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top