Technology Communications Manager, Connectivity & Access
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to manage strategic communications for our connectivity programs, including Internet.org (http://internet.org/). This individual will be responsible for driving communications for a series of connectivity programs and technologies that are part of Facebook's commitment to connecting the world. This role will also be responsible for working closely with global mobile operators and content partners to launch programs. The position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Drive product launches and proactive media programs for Facebook's connectivity efforts with tangible results
- Build and maintain relationships with global operator and content partners
- Engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Develop and write communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Counsel cross-functional global partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business, or related field
- 3+ years professional PR experience
- Experience working with telecommunications, corporate, technology, consumer and business media and bloggers
- Experience with project management
- Combination of PR experience in-house and agency
- Ability to think, plan, and execute both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to manage and drive multi-national and multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top