Technology Communications Manager, AI
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook builds breakthrough technology that opens the world to everyone, and our AI programs are a key investment area over the next 10 years. We are looking for a Technology Communications Manager to oversee strategic communications for our AI initiatives - including AML and FAIR. This individual will be responsible for driving communications for the AI programs and technologies that are helping Facebook's commitment to connect the world, working closely with a team to achieve measurable goals.The position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead strategic communications for AI initiatives to support Facebook's strategic objectives and brand goals
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns in collaboration with AI communications team
- Partner with Facebook engineers and researchers in AI to define company voice and narrative and scale it globally across our teams and agencies
- Engage with press, bloggers, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal executives
- Counsel cross-functional global partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Minimum bachelors degree in English, Communications, Business, or related field
- 7+ years professional PR experience, agency and in-house
- Experience working with AI, technology, consumer and business media and bloggers to achieve communications goals
- Experience with project management, crisis communications and decision-making
- Experience managing direct reports, agencies and contractors, and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully, both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to drive multi-national and multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top