Technology Communications Director, Blockchain
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We have established a new team exploring different ways to leverage blockchain technology to improve the lives of people around the world. It's a small, fast-growing, and talented group of people and our experienced leadership team comprises some of the best professionals in their respective fields. The blockchain team is a startup within Facebook and we're exploring lots of areas of interest across all facets of blockchain technology. Our ultimate goal is to help billions of people with access to things they don't have now - which could be things like healthcare, equitable financial services, or new ways to save or share information.
We are looking for a Director of Technology Communications to lead strategic communications for these initiatives. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs; building and leading a team of exceptional communications professionals; and partnering closely with leadership at the company to set strategy.
The ideal candidate has media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications; deep executive communications experience; and proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in the execution of high-impact communications programs.
This position will be based in Menlo Park, CA, San Francisco, CA, or New York, NY.
- Partner closely with leadership at the company to develop communications strategy and vision.
- Build and lead a team of high-performing communications professionals.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs, spanning multiple markets.
- Engage with reporters, editors, and other influencers to showcase Facebook's leadership in the space.
- Serve as a cross-functional leader within the Facebook communications team and the company as a whole.
- Bachelors degree
- 15+ years of experience in communications
- Experience with media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications
- Experience with cross-functional leadership
- Experience working with C-level technology executives
- Experience managing a team across multiple regions
- Experience managing PR agencies, contractors, and other vendors
- Experience working with Fortune 500 or AdAge 100 companies
- Experience working in the consumer or enterprise technology industries, or in the telecommunications industry
- Both agency and in-house experience
Back to top