Technology Communications Director, AI
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook has established itself as a world leader in AI research and engineering, driving scientific breakthroughs in areas like computer vision, natural language understanding, and self-supervised learning; building powerful AI infrastructure to power current and future products; and driving the development of PyTorch, a prominent open source machine learning framework.
We are looking for a Director of Technology Communications to lead strategic communications for these initiatives. This person will be responsible for overseeing the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs; building and leading a team of exceptional communications professionals; and partnering closely with leadership at the company to set strategy.
The ideal candidate has strong media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications; deep executive communications experience; and proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in the execution of high-impact communications programs.
This position can be located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, our San Francisco offices, or our New York offices.
- Partner closely with leadership at the company to develop communications strategy + vision
- Build and lead a team of exceptional communications professionals
- Oversee and participate in the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs, spanning multiple markets
- Engage with reporters, editors, and other influencers to showcase Facebook's leadership in the space
- Serve as a cross-functional leader within the Facebook communications team and the company as a whole
- Bachelors degree
- 15+ years of professional experience in communications
- Experience with media relations across tech, business, and consumer publications
- Experience with cross-functional leadership skills
- Experience working with C-level technology executives
- Experience managing a large team across multiple regions
- Experience managing PR agencies, contractors, and other vendors
- Experience working with Fortune 500 or AdAge 100 companies
- Experience working in the consumer or enterprise technology industries
- Both agency and in-house experience
Back to top