Technology Communications Associate Manager, Product (Instagram)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is seeking an Associate Manager, Technology Communications, to handle product launches and proactive media around consumer-facing products.
The Ideal candidate should have a passion for Instagram and consumer tech in general, and candidates should demonstrate an ability to build and lead scalable proactive communications programs, working collaboratively with product teams.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. Candidates must be strong writers and be able to work cross functionally to drive teams towards a launch or common goal.
The position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage product launches and proactive media programs
- Build relationships with the media, analysts, and influencers as an Instagram spokesperson
- Work collaboratively with product teams
- Develop a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing docs
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Counsel cross-functional partners in product, policy, legal, and other groups on communications issues
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years professional experience in PR or the media
- Experience in media relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills
- Experience working with corporate, technology, consumer and business media
- Experience with technology product launches
- Project management, judgment, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top