Technology Communications Associate Manager, Innovation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking a Technology Communications Manager to support strategic communications for Facebook’s long term technology bets around connectivity, artificial intelligence and virtual reality. Candidates should demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple communications programs at once, execute proactive media campaigns and translate technical content into blog posts, bylines and other written materials.
- Develop Content- drive effective communications campaigns surrounding Facebook’s research initiatives. This includes sourcing, developing and writing a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, multi-media support, reactive statements, briefing material and more.
- Media Outreach- build deep relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson.
- Planning- work with internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners in connectivity, virtual reality and artificial intelligence.
- Be able to jump in and add value to a variety of projects with multiple internal partners.
- Attend relevant conferences that may include travel.
- Minimum bachelors degree in Communications, English, Business, Marketing or related field
- 4+ years of experience in public relations
- Experience working with technology, business, and mainstream media
- Experience with computing technologies
- Experience in translating technical content for a mainstream audience
- Prior experience planning and executing, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience managing external PR agencies and contractors
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top